Wednesday 6 April 2016

CrossFit

Physical training has always been something of endless fascination to me. Having read so many reviews about the benefits of CrossFit, I decided to take a look for myself. I really want to notice a change in my body. I have always been very lean, a natural runner, but I long for more muscle mass and a stockier frame. I want to be strong, not skinny. 

On Monday I attended my first CrossFit session at CrossFit Colchester. The coaches were really friendly and we got started straight away.

Warm up squats - 3 sets of 5 (increasing weight each time)
Main set - 4 x 9 squats - 30kg - every 3 minutes - (30kg is all I could manage)

The WOD (Workout Of The Day) then followed.

50 air squats
15 wall balls
15 box jumps
10 burpees
10 lunges

20 minutes. For time. 

It doesn't seem like long. I can tell you now, it was brutal!

To say I was exhausted, post workout, is an understatement. I have never felt so depleted of energy in all my life! My legs felt like they were going to buckle underneath me on the walk home! But I LOVED it. The sweat, the determination, the atmosphere in the gym. It felt amazing to be a part of that positive energy.

The atmosphere was fantastic and the coaches helped give feedback on technique throughout. As a complete novice, I thought I would feel somewhat useless. This wasn't the case at all. The coaches made me feel so welcome and equal. Although I feel like I have been hit by a bus (my quads and bum are SO sore), I feel motivated to return tonight for my second foundation session! 


No comments:

Post a Comment